Sunday, October 9, 2011

Living in La La Love Land

I realized recently that the version of myself that I am now is my favorite version thus far.  I have made some drastic changes in my life in the last year and a half-ish that have altered who I am, for the better.  It is so hard for me to turn my back on people and let them go but I have done some incredible work in that department. I've also left my husband, drank heavily for a summer, fell in love, found my happy place, cried myself into a deep sleep more than once, made a very difficult decision, started school again, lost several "friends", changed my attitude and reconnected with who I am...to name just a few life altering experiences I have had in the last 465 days, the last 58 of which I've been sober for.  

Now sobriety, that is something I haven't been SO familiar with. I don't know that I have been sober for more than a week in years.  The clarity that I have these days is beautiful.  I am so in love and in such a fulfilling, nurturing relationship with a man that makes me feel everything I have ever wanted to feel but didn't know I could.  I've never been so healthy with someone, so open, so raw and honest all of the time. I trust him, I really truly trust him, I don't know who else I can really say that about.  I believe him, and I believe in him.  He makes me believe in me. I have never felt so capable of anything in all of my life.  This is it, what I've been waiting for.  

I've been given the opportunity to start again and I am so much more than willing to take it.  How often in life do you get a do-over?  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment