Sunday, June 16, 2013

Demons

Facing the truth of time, it always passes, moments and memories constantly being created
Just as quickly forgotten
Some memories we never forget
16, drugs coursing through my veins, invincibility pounding in my chest
Standing on the edge of dying, never feeling more alive
Fearless, shameless, clueless
I'll use my flesh to find my place

We created family where there was none
Lost and lonely children
Filling the voids with all we understood
Safety in numbers, but no one to save us from ourselves
Some will survive, some never had a chance
Nobody gets out unscathed

Sitting in my new skin, older, wiser, weathered
Afraid for the little girl who once was
Safe in my bed, in my skin, in my head
Memories of the past haunting my sleep
I saved me, from myself



No comments:

Post a Comment