Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Future is Filled With Lemonade and Cut Grass


I have this dream, or vision, or wish or something.  I see us, I see me, watching you through an old kitchen window, running and playing in the grass with our children beneath the close to blinding sunlight. I'm filled with giddiness and pure fulfillment and joy. The smells of jasmine sweep through our old plantation home. I'm making lemonade.  

You come in to see me, wiping sweat from your brow.  This smile on your face is the happiest I have ever see you. Who would have ever thought that these simple things would be our dream come true.  

We have family,we have love.  I'm "the woman of the house" and I invite people in for sweet tea on a hot summer day and you, you're the man of the house and you fix the broken things.  I love you, and our lives together more than I could have ever imagined loving anything.

I used to think I was so complicated and that I would never be happy because I would never allow myself the luxury.  What I really want is to love and be loved as much as I can before my time is through. 
This is my dream, my happy thought. It's doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment